The Gemstone League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sound of Supremacy (Private)

2 posters

Go down

The Sound of Supremacy (Private) Empty The Sound of Supremacy (Private)

Post by RapidashGal Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:08 am

Like the title says, this is a private roleplay between a friend and I.

All out of character discussion will be within [brackets] or (parantheses.).

All thoughts will be in italics.

Characters:
Zatora (Played by RapidashGal)
Koloq, Abera (Played by The Claw of Zangoose)

--------------------------------------------------

The Sound of Supremacy Backround:

Lanquii (plural) are an ancient, rare race of human that can harness the power of music. They suddenly had a drop in numbers after being hunted and killed for fear of their power to do things such as alter weather and stop time. One last family of Lanqua was known to exist, but according to military record books in Valith, they were all executed...
One Lanqua is still alive in the neighboring country of Kazaal, however. She escaped the massacre of her family and learned to fend for herself. But when Kazaal and Valith both realize her presence, will they kill her or try to use her power for themselves?

Last edited by RapidashGal on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

http://blacknbluehowilikeit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Supremacy (Private) Empty Re: The Sound of Supremacy (Private)

Post by RapidashGal Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:34 am

Zatora sighed as she pulled out her book of hymns and scrolled through the table of contents. She had been writing songs since she could remember, and there was one in particular she was trying to write, but it just wouldn’t come to her.
“Se ter porta terra…” She uttered as she drew a fresh music staff and scribbled some notes on it. The first few notes flashed, but the last one didn’t.
“Got it wrong again… ugh…” Zatora shook her head, crossed that staff out, and drew a new one, this time placing the last note lower on the staff.
“Se ter porta terra…” She sang again, dropping the last word down an octave as she did so. This time, all of the notes flashed.
“Excellent! I’ve finally got it!” She jumped from her seat excitedly. She flipped back to the table, wrote the title of the song she’d just written, marked a page number next to it, then closed the book, quite satisfied.
“Heh, I’ve written quite a bit here… I could easily travel between the two countries now… no more week- long treks for me…” She uttered, walking to the bathroom of the room she was renting. She had planned to go to bed right after writing the song, but she had figured it out quicker than she had anticipated, so she figured she had time for a bath.

“Aaahh… so warm…” She giggled, sinking into the water to where her mouth was just barely under the surface of the water. She looked down into the water, and the mark of her people, the Lanqua, peered up at her from where her heart was.
“Lots of people would be after me if they knew what I really was…” She sighed, pulling her knees closer to her. It was a lonely life she led since the Valith government had her entire family killed, but when she stopped to consider the history of her people, she didn’t expect it to get better.
“So, Zatora, how does it feel to be the very last of your kind?” She muttered to herself. The question made her feel terrible. She was the last Lanqua anywhere, and most people believed them to be completely wiped out. As far as the Valith government was concerned, she didn’t exist.
“Well… revenge definitely isn’t my thing… but those people at least owe me for the loss of property they’ve envoked on me. Because of them, I have to pay for a place to sleep…” She sighed again, then sat out the rest of her bath in silent contemplation.

After draining the tub and pulling on her night clothes, Zatora stood in front of the bathroom mirror and gazed long and hard at her twin.
“Yeah… I don’t think we look any different from a human. What do you think?” She asked herself. The girl in the mirror returned Zatora’s slight smile.
“So, you agree? That’s good… well, I think we should get some sleep…” She muttered as she picked up a brush and started running it through her long, silver hair. Tomorrow, she was planning on stopping in Valith for a job. She had given herself two different names; one she used in Kazaal and another she used in Valith, and she used her two identities to support herself. For the past several years, no one had suspected a thing…
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:03 am

[Hey. My Characters are Koloq and Abera]

Koloq smiled. His recent jobs as a mercenary had netted him lots of money. It seemed there were a lot of bandits around, but that only added to his payload. He turned his head as he heard Abera come down the stairs.
"Good sleep, darling?" She smiled as he hugged her. "I'm going to try and see if we can get some more jobs, all the neighbours are fine now. Do you want to come?" Koloq stopped and went to a cabinet to get his armour.
"I'd like to come, Koloq, there might be something interesting out there." She took her whip from the table and strapped it to her belt. "Just make sure you've got your axe, you forgot it last time and you had to battle the bandits with your hands!" She giggled at the rememberance of it, and then grabbed two small daggers which she hid in her clothes.
"Don't worry, Abera, I've got it. And my bow too." Koloq went into the kitchen and took some food, water and potions for the journey. He placed them in a sack which he attached to his armour. "Let's go then!" They both left the building.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Zatora woke up to a quiet knocking at her door.
Huh... who could be wanting my attention... and who even knows I'm here...? She thought a little groggy still. She trudged to the door, opened it, then jumped back hurriedly as a gun was being shot.
"What the?!" She was instantly wide- awake. She looked up to see who fired the gun. It was a monster of a man, towering over her at probably over 6'3. He was wearing all black, and dark shades blocked out his eyes.
"Zatora, you're a Lanqua." The man said.
"How do you know what I am?!" The man set down a casette player, pushed play, then the song Zatora had written last night started to play. Zatora gasped.
"You've been watching me?!"
"Of course. You've been seen crossing the borders of Valith and Kazaal way too often for any ordinary citizen. You're coming with me." He lunged for her, but she quickly dashed out of the way and picked up her book.
"I won't hurt you, but you've left me no choice..." Zatora sighed, then started to sing.
"Se ter ti ot ropa!" After she was done, ropes came seemingly out of nowhere and bound the man completely. He fell to the floor, unable to keep his balance.
"The Kazaal government has been nothing but kind to me, you must be from Valith. Well, I guess I just won't go back!" She grabbed the rest of her things and ran out the door hurriedly, still in her pjs.
I have to get out of here... I have to get out of here... but where to...? She thought, in a panic. When she passed the clerk at the front, she stopped her.
"Zatora, what's wrong? Some guy went upstairs and I heard a gun..."
"He tried to KILL ME!" Zatora cried, almost hysterically.
"What?! I'll call the cops immediately, here, go to the address on this card here." The clerk pushed a small notecard into Zatora's hand and bid her farewell.
Almost immediately after leaving the building, she was jumped again, by another guy in black.
"So, he failed, huh? I guess it's up to me!" He fired his gun several times, missing Zatora each time, and scared everyone in the vicinity.
"What's wrong with you?! It's just a girl! She didn't do anything wrong!" Someone called from a mob that was starting to form.
"Yeah, Zatora's a good girl! She works two jobs and even helps us with ours!"
"There's more going on here..." The man muttered. The crowd then surrounded him.
"You can't hurt her! You'll have to get through us!" The man pulled out a pager and muttered something into it. After putting it away, he also put the gun away.
"Fine, she goes. You win." The crowd dispersed, and the man walked off. Zatora fell to the ground, holding her heart.
"Thank you all, so much..."
"No problem, Zatora. Where are you headed?"
"Here." She handed the closest lady the card.
"Oh, I'll take you there. Come." Zatora wiped the sweat off her head and hurriedly followed the lady, grateful to not have to travel alone anymore. Something was up, and she didn't like it. She just had a bad feeling... if they were after her and had a good enough motive, they might start hurting the townspeople.
After all... they aren't from Kazaal. They won't have any regard for the rules or the people... their mission is to get to me, and they probbably wouldn't think twice about mowing anyone down to get to me... I'll have to continue to write more songs from now on.
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Koloq and Abera finally reached their destination - the Mercenary Hall, a place where people can hire mercenaries. They had heard a riot, so it took them longer to get their than normal because they tried to avoid it.
'Hi Sir, I'd like a ticket for a stall.' said Abera to the clerk at the front. He handed them the ticket, and Koloq gave him some gold coins. After they reached a stall, they started to talk to some of the mercenaries there that they had known for a while. They stopped suddenly however as a girl and a woman walked in.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Zatora was still pale, and shaking like a leaf. The woman she was with walked to the main counter.
"Excuse me, I know the mercenaries here accept almost any job but... I have a bit of a problem."
"What is it, Mary?"
"This girl, Zatora, some thugs are after her! I don't know who sent them, but whoever they are, they're serious. And I don't think killing them will do any good..."
"So, what is it you want?"
"I guess... we'd need a mercenary who wouldn't mind a REALLY long term project which involves probably crossing the borders several times and things that might be testing the law..."
"Wait, that commotion out there, was that because of her over there?"
"Yes."
"Well, it seems really serious... 'Ey, any of you, up to being body guards?" The man at the counter yelled out to the hall in general.
Zatora was practically clinging to Mary and staring at the floor. She felt so out of place and wished she could disappear.
Alright, that's the next song I need to write... a song that makes me invisible...
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 am

"Bodyguards, eh?" replied Koloq. "Tell me more, it sounds interesting." The man explained everything. Koloq and Abera though about it, and then turned to the woman.
"That sort of job will need four well-trained people... or two very highly payed well-trained people... it's up to you." said Abera. Koloq nodded in agreement.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Mary looked down at Zatora, then back up at the two mercenaries.
"She's a little shy, so maybe two will be fine. Will you two help her out? I run a business so I doubt money will be any problem. Just leave paying you two to me." She smiled, then looked back down at Zatora. The girl still hadn't said anything, instead she had taken to mouthing words. She did this for at least a minute.
"Zatora, don't be rude, introduce yourself and thank these two for being so helpful. They're going to make sure to keep you safe."
"... Huh...? Oh, I- I'm sorry... I'm Zatora..." She said quietly, turning a little red and keeping her gaze fixated on the floor. Mary frowned slightly.
"She's normally a friendly girl, just give her some time to come around. She probably hasn't gotten over the attack this morning, either.” Mary sighed slightly, then leaned in closer to Zatora.
“Maybe you should at least get changed.” She whispered.
“… Huh…? Oh, right…” She picked her bag back up and disappeared down a hallway that had a sign pointing to the restrooms.
Well… at least she is registering signs and such… Mary sighed again.
“I can’t thank you enough. If you guys ever need a place to stay, you can stop by my place if you don’t want to pay for an inn.” With that, she left. Zatora reappeared shortly after, looking a little more alert and alive.
“Uh… hi there… I guess I should tell you a little bit about this morning… no one knows who was after me, but I do. Those were government officials from Valith…” Zatora said in a slightly hushed tone, not wanting anyone else to hear her.
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:41 pm

"Okay, okay. If you want to tell us something important, tell us at our house because we need to go there anyway to get ready. I wasn't expecting a job like this, so I only prepared short battle gear." Koloq frowned, then turned to another mercenary. "Just leave, Zakk! You're not hijacking my job again!" Abera whipped Zakk and then he left.
"You look really frail, Zatora, and we can't risk another attack, so we're going to take a path down the back alleys. It's longer, but Koloq will lead the way." stated Abera. They left the mercenary hall.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Zatora nodded slightly then followed behind the two wordlessly. At first she thought about telling them why she was attacked which might help them prepare better, but what would the two of them do when they found out?
Maybe they'll come after me too and then offer my dead body to Valith for a huge sum of money... I bet there's a bounty set for me now... Zatora thought, sighing quietly. After some more thought, she decided to tell them. She was already being a huge inconvenience to them, and things would only get worse if they remained ignorant as to why she was being followed. She'd just have to get over her little "statue of secrecy" that she had proposed to herself. No one until this day knew what she was.
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:07 pm

It was a while until they reached Koloq and Abera's house, but as soon as they got there, Koloq ran upstairs to get some supplies. Abera went into the kitchen to get some food. "Can I get anything for you, love?"

While Koloq was grabbing the supplies, he paused, noticing Abera had dropped her amulet. Abera had told him not to look in there, but she wasn't going to come up for a while, and he was very curious. He opened it... and gasped.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Zatora just sat down at the table and stared at the floor. She was really exhausted from walking, but she didn't want to sound ungrateful to her guards so she kept her thoughts to herself. After a time of quiet thought, she pulled out her book. She didn't have much to call her own, but by far, her book of songs was her treasure.
Besides that my life's work is in here, it's the only thing I have from my family... Zatora opened to the Table of Contents and peered at the list. So far, she had twenty songs written. If she had some spare time tonight, Zatora figured she'd begin work on the twenty first song.
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:56 am

Koloq came back downstairs with some equipment and supplies, and Abera came over with her food, wrapped in paper.
"I think before we start, we really need to know more about this job, more about you, more about everything, really. It makes the job much easier." stated Koloq. "Can you fight?"
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 am

Zatora shook her head.
"No, I'm much too weak. However..." She started, hesitated, then sighed to calm herself down.
"If you want to know more about this whole thing, here you go. Those men were from Valith. They came after me to finish something they started 13 years ago. When I was four years old, men from the Valith government stormed my home and killed my entire family. The only reason I'm here now is because my mom used a magic hymn to get me out of there. Why was the government after us, you ask? It's because of the power that my mom used to save me- it's because of the power I now possess. I'm a Lanqua, and the very last one." Zatora shook the entire time she spoke, but didn't realize it until she was done. She took a troubled breathe, then started again.
"I can't fight, but I can heal and protect you with my hymns."
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Claw of Zangoose Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:25 am

"Right. That's a little hard to believe, but gold is our proof, so we're not going to hold you for it." replied Abera. "We'll protect you, so don't worry."
"I'm still curious what we're actually supposed to do apart from protect you. Could you explain?" asked Koloq. He eyed Abera, still in shock after opening Abera's amulet. "Oh, and Abera! You dropped this." He passed the amulet over.
The Claw of Zangoose
The Claw of Zangoose
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RapidashGal Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 am

"You want me to prove it?" Zatora passed Abera her book of hymns.
"Well, besides keeping me alive... I'd like to end the prejudice towards my people. Most are under the assumption that we're evil and that we like to kill. Have you ever heard of a Lanqua who murdered someone? No, we don't like fighting mostly. The government is just afraid of us, so it started killing us. I don't want to live my life in fear anymore... so if you could maybe help me do SOMETHING to stop it... I don't want the government of either country to use me, either. I'm not some tool for war..."
She sighed again, then flinched as her heart throbbed painfully.
RapidashGal
RapidashGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum